[Snort-users] no ip addr. on 2nd interface (more info)

Michael Boman michael at ...3137...
Thu Sep 12 11:56:06 EDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 06:08:36PM +0000, T.Shaw wrote:
> Hello all, Thanks for the responces..
> Since i have this setup and working.. the hard part is done..
> now im wondering ( its been up for more than two weeks) why i
> dont see any thing in the database. In setting up the snort.conf
> file.. what exactly would be my HOME_NET set to?  We have multiple vlans
> internally.. could i just list them all out? or "super" net them with
> like a /16 or something? ( we have internal 192.168.x.x nets)

One big is better then several small. You might need to run several
instances of snort.

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
Michael Boman
Student, Husband, Geek. Not necessary in that order thought.