[Snort-users] installing snort with mysql support on rh7.1

Bill bhalpin at ...6882...
Thu Sep 12 11:44:03 EDT 2002

I'm trying to get snort (1.8.7) to compile with mysql support but keep
getting an error :

  ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
  checked in the following places

when I run configure.  I saw a previous post that suggested running
ldconfig which i did but that didnt solve the problem.  The file exists
in /usr/include/mysql and I created a symlink to that dir in
/usr/local/include.  Arent these dir's the default locations the script
looks in?

-bill