[Snort-users] Generating reports from binary data ...

James Herschel jherschel at ...6543...
Thu Sep 12 10:54:02 EDT 2002

Hello, for performance reasons, I would like my Snort boxes to send
their logging as binary to a centralized MySQL/ACID setup.   Can ACID
render binary logs to human readable text?

My reason for asking is that although I think it would make more sense
to have one IDS cover our web servers - the current ideology here is to
have one snort install per webserver. Essentially putting an IDS on each
web server.  Logging as ASCII has proven to be too much of a performance
burden.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,

James Herschel