[Snort-users] Name that sensor

Tim twr at ...163...
Thu Sep 12 09:27:18 EDT 2002

Hey ppl,

Making progress, I have Snort and Webmin on one box and ACID, Apache and MySQL on another box. Everything is working as it should be. I would like to be able to name the sensors so that when I look at ACID I would know to what eth1, eth2 and eth3 subnets they belong to.

I have searched the archives and I have found that you can name the sensors within the snort.conf file at the line 'output database' and adding sensor_name=xyzabc. What if you have multiple sensors, how would you add the sensor names? Does one add multiple lines with the sensor_name=sensor appended on each line?

As always thanks in advance for the input ppl  :-)

Tim -- Mia/Fla
Network Security Student