[Snort-users] Log to remote syslog server and MySql Database

Uhte, Russ RussU at ...6702...
Wed Sep 11 10:29:03 EDT 2002

Twig,
Thanks for your reply... But I've tried that with no success.  I researched
a bit in the archives and it seems the only way to accomplish this is by
changing source code and recompiling...  For me, that's a very difficult
task!!  Anybody know anything about doing that??
Thanks,
Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: twig les [mailto:twigles at ...131...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 12:03 PM
To: Michael Boman; Uhte, Russ; 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Log to remote syslog server and MySql Database

I did both for about 6 months and it worked fine.
Just don't use the -s option.  Instead uncomment the
syslog options in snort.conf while leaving the mysql
ones too.

--- Michael Boman <michael at ...3137...> wrote:
> At 10:59 AM 9/11/2002 -0500, Uhte, Russ wrote:
> >Hello all!!
> >I'm running Snort V1.87 on Windows 2000 and logging
> to MySQL.  I'd like to
> >be able to log to a remote syslog server as well as
> my database.  Every time
> >I start Snort with the -s option, it starts logging
> to the syslog server,
> >but quits logging to the MySQL server.  Is anyone
> aware of a way to make
> >these to options work together??
> >Thanks in Advance!!
> >-Russ
>
> "Command options has precedence over configuration
> file". Configure
> syslog() logging in the configuration file instead
> of using the command
> option (IIRC there was some issues with syslog and
> win32.. search the
> archives).
>
> Best regards
>   Michael Boman
>

> --
> Michael Boman
> Student, Husband, Geek. Not necessary in that order
> thought.

=====
Heavy metal made me do it.

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute
---

---
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon
this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us
immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its
attachments from your computer system.
---