[Snort-users] "snort dead but subsys locked"

Luiz Alberto Cataldo Jr cataldo_jr at ...6873...
Wed Sep 11 10:13:04 EDT 2002

All,

I am with a serious problem.  I am having problems initializing the Snort.  I am using the Red Hat 7,2, when I enter in/etc/rc.d/init.d and I execute the command /snortd start and I receive the message OK. After this I execute /snortd status and I receive the message "snort dead but subsys locked". I have already looked all the configuration and I did not find anything wrong. Somebody knows how i could resolve is.

Luiz Cataldo