[Snort-users] Log to remote syslog server and MySql Database

twig les twigles at ...131...
Wed Sep 11 10:04:03 EDT 2002

I did both for about 6 months and it worked fine.
Just don't use the -s option.  Instead uncomment the
syslog options in snort.conf while leaving the mysql
ones too.

--- Michael Boman <michael at ...3137...> wrote:
> At 10:59 AM 9/11/2002 -0500, Uhte, Russ wrote:
> >Hello all!!
> >I'm running Snort V1.87 on Windows 2000 and logging
> to MySQL.  I'd like to
> >be able to log to a remote syslog server as well as
> my database.  Every time
> >I start Snort with the -s option, it starts logging
> to the syslog server,
> >but quits logging to the MySQL server.  Is anyone
> aware of a way to make
> >these to options work together??
> >Thanks in Advance!!
> >-Russ
>
> "Command options has precedence over configuration
> file". Configure
> syslog() logging in the configuration file instead
> of using the command
> option (IIRC there was some issues with syslog and
> win32.. search the
> archives).
>
> Best regards
>   Michael Boman
>

> --
> Michael Boman
> Student, Husband, Geek. Not necessary in that order
> thought.

=====
Heavy metal made me do it.