[Snort-users] Log to remote syslog server and MySql Database

Michael Boman michael at ...3137...
Wed Sep 11 09:47:02 EDT 2002

At 10:59 AM 9/11/2002 -0500, Uhte, Russ wrote:
>Hello all!!
>I'm running Snort V1.87 on Windows 2000 and logging to MySQL.  I'd like to
>be able to log to a remote syslog server as well as my database.  Every time
>I start Snort with the -s option, it starts logging to the syslog server,
>but quits logging to the MySQL server.  Is anyone aware of a way to make
>these to options work together??
>Thanks in Advance!!
>-Russ

"Command options has precedence over configuration file". Configure
syslog() logging in the configuration file instead of using the command
option (IIRC there was some issues with syslog and win32.. search the
archives).

Best regards
  Michael Boman

--
Michael Boman
Student, Husband, Geek. Not necessary in that order thought.