[Snort-users] FreeBSD Snort Install Help!!!!!

Goldmoon summer_beha at ...131...
Wed Sep 11 09:36:04 EDT 2002

Hi,

Here are some problems I've encountered since trying
to install FreeBSD and snort. Here is how I've
allocated my disk in FreeBSD, it's a 4GB drive:

/ 100M
/swap 2000M
/usr  1500M
/tmp   200M
/var   rest

I'm at the "install necessary ports" section and here
are the errors while trying to install the ports:

1. When ran for the second time,
/usr/ports/www/mozilla
   make; make install
The error message: Sep 10 15:08:45 snort /kernel: pid
68926(cp), uid 0 on /usr: file system full

2. When running all the other ports installation via
the instructions,

The error message: ....(filename)doesn't seem to exist
in /usr/ports/distfiles

>>couldn't fetch it-please try to retrieve this port
manually into /usr/ports/distfiles and try again

Error Code 1
3. I've downloaded the patch, resolv.patch and
resolv.patch.asc

When attempt to do the following: cd /usr/src
                              patch < /path/to/path
I've tried "patch < resolv.patch" What is the correct
syntax?

4. I can't get X-windows to work even though I've
configured my monitor and video card correctly, what
suggestions do you have? I have a trident 3dimage 9750
video card and an Impression 70 plus monitor.

What am I doing wrong? I'm getting a bit frustrated
since I've reinstalled FreeBSD several times thinking
I might have missed something, but I'm following the
directions down to the "t" Please help!!!!

Thanks!