[Snort-users] How does Snort protect itself ?

Vinay A. Mahadik VAMahadik at ...6245...
Tue Sep 10 19:48:03 EDT 2002

Hey Guys,

I think KDR wanted to know how Snort uses anti-evasion mechanisms, not
how it can be secured against buffer-overflows or DoS and the like. The
things that I mentioned memcap, timeouts, '-z est', randomized stream4's
flush-points etc are some clues.. it's an interesting question, and if
you have experience with the source please do pour in your finds..

Thanks,
Vinay.