[Snort-users] cliff notes on ACID

netsec novice netsec9 at ...125...
Fri Sep 6 17:09:02 EDT 2002

I am trying to use SNORT/ACID to provide my management with a briefing of
potential threats and build a case for installing an IDS in production.  I
have them up and running but am struggling with some of the ACID reporting
and how to best present the log information.  I am really struggling with
the graphing portion to provide anything meaningful.  I would appreciate any
suggestions anyone has for providing brief yet useful information from my
logs in terms of what SNORT is seeing - id types of attacks/frequency etc.
I should mention that I am in a win32 environment and have SNORT 1.8.7 and
ACID 0.9.6.b21.  If a tool other than ACID would be my best bet then suggest
away!!

Thanks for you time