[Snort-users] having problems using barnyard with snort

Yee, Harry hyee at ...6808...
Fri Sep 6 10:16:06 EDT 2002

Hello,

I was hoping that someone may give me some direction on what may be wrong
with my setup of snort and barnyard.  Here is the basics:

I am running snort 1.8.7 and the beta 5 version of barnyard.  Snort by
itself is able to write to the mysql database.  Incorporating barnyard into
the mix has not worked for me.

Here are the messages when I try to run barnyard:
Starting barnyard: Loading Data Processors...
dp_alert loaded
dp_log loaded
dp_stream_stat loaded
Fast Alert plugin initialized
AlertSyslog initialized
Log Dump plugin initialized
LogPcap initialized
AcidDb output plugin initialized
AlertCSV initialized
Parsing Config file: /etc/snort/barnyard.conf
Args: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server 192.168.1.12, user snort,
detail full, password password
Barnyard Version 0.1.0-beta5 (Build 8) started
ERROR => Unable to stat log spool file "snort.alert": No such file or
directory
Fatal Error, Quitting..
Exiting

Here is the command line that I am using:
/usr/local/bin/barnyard -R -c /etc/snort/barnyard.conf -d
/var/log/snort -s /etc/snort/sid-msg.map -g /etc/snort/gen-msg.map -f
snort.alert

Does anyone come across this problem?  Thanks, any help is greatly
appreciated.

Harry

Thanks..

Harry Yee