[Snort-users] ACID and duplicate alert

Slighter, Tim tslighter at ...5174...
Thu Sep 5 13:53:05 EDT 2002

I had the same problem and still have not found any recommendations for my
previous versions.  However, I did find this out, you WILL require these in
order to get the archive issue fixed:

PHP4-latest
ACID-0.9.6b20
(Do not use the ACID-0.9.6b21 if using mySQL 3.23.51-1 or the archive issue
will still happen)

(if you are using the latest version of mySQL  4.0.3-0 then you can use the
latest ACID release)

However, take a look at my previous post about how this does fix the archive
issue but now the graph tool and AG's do not work correctly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Holloway [mailto:todd at ...4574...]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 1:48 PM
To: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] ACID and duplicate alert

I get this error only occasionally when I try to "move/copy" a alert(s) to
the archive.

Ignored 1 duplicate alert(s)

No alerts were selected or the ARCHIVE-move was not successful

Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache

And in checking the archive, I don't see any such duplicate,
and of course the alert is not "moved/copied" over.

Database: snort at ...274...    (schema version: 105)
ACID v0.9.6b21
snort-1.8.6
2.4.18-6mdkenterprise #1 SMP

thanks
todd

--
[It] contains "vegetable stabilizer" which sounds ominous.  How unstable are
vegetables?