[Snort-users] Re. MS-SQL, ACID and PHP.

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu Sep 5 13:22:04 EDT 2002

Dhruv,

Acid requires PHP for PHPLot which is required for the alert graphing.

Snort and Acid have the ability to send to and read from a MS-SQL
server.
Both only require configuring.

Unfortunately MS-SQL is not documented fully. Doing a search on Goggle
will give you bits and pieces.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Dhruv
Chandra
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 12:59 PM
To: roman at ...438...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Re. MS-SQL, ACID and PHP.

Hi Roman

Thanks for the help.

I still have some questions (Unfortunately I am not the brightest guy in

town)

When you say that SNORT and ACID both natively support MS SQL ... &
hence
don't require any PHP script.... does that mean ACID and/or SNORT don't
natively support My-SQL and PGSQL ? Cause if they do then why is it that

they require PHP script and MS-SQL doesn't ?

Am I missing something here ?

Also that the links you sent me have complete details for configuring
MY-SQL
and PGSQL but not for MS-SQL...

Thanks for the help once again.

My last option would be to try and convert MY-SQL PHP script to MS-SQL
PHP
script ... and then see if I get any lucky :) (Is it possible)

Cheers and have a successful day.

Dhruv

>From: "Roman Danyliw" <roman at ...438...>
>To: "Dhruv Chandra" <dhruvc at ...125...>
>CC: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Re. MS-SQL, ACID and PHP.
>Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:24:00 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Snort and ACID both natively support MS SQL Server.  There are no
>additional
>scripts required.  See the appropriate documentation for installation
>details.
>
>Snort DB plugin:
>
>http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/snortdb/snortdb.html
>
>ACID