[Snort-users] Re. MS-SQL, ACID and PHP.

Dhruv Chandra dhruvc at ...125...
Thu Sep 5 12:59:06 EDT 2002

Hi Roman

Thanks for the help.

I still have some questions (Unfortunately I am not the brightest guy in
town)

When you say that SNORT and ACID both natively support MS SQL ... & hence
don't require any PHP script.... does that mean ACID and/or SNORT don't
natively support My-SQL and PGSQL ? Cause if they do then why is it that
they require PHP script and MS-SQL doesn't ?

Am I missing something here ?

Also that the links you sent me have complete details for configuring MY-SQL
and PGSQL but not for MS-SQL...

Thanks for the help once again.

My last option would be to try and convert MY-SQL PHP script to MS-SQL PHP
script ... and then see if I get any lucky :) (Is it possible)

Cheers and have a successful day.

Dhruv

>From: "Roman Danyliw" <roman at ...438...>
>To: "Dhruv Chandra" <dhruvc at ...125...>
>CC: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Re. MS-SQL, ACID and PHP.
>Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:24:00 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Snort and ACID both natively support MS SQL Server.  There are no
>additional
>scripts required.  See the appropriate documentation for installation
>details.
>
>Snort DB plugin:
>
>http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/snortdb/snortdb.html
>
>ACID