[Snort-users] where are the data being saved.

charella constansia sharella at ...131...
Thu Sep 5 06:49:04 EDT 2002

Hi,

This is my configuration. I have a snort sensor on
redhat 7.3 with mysql clien,-devel,-shared. and a
management workstation (windows XP).

My question is this: where are the data that snort
generate being saved. On my my management workstation
or on my sensors. Where does snort log the data. on my
sensor and then the management workstation retrieve
the information or on my my workstation.

Thanks,

sharella