[Snort-users] Proffesional Opinions ---wanted

Tim twr at ...163...
Wed Sep 4 13:19:37 EDT 2002

Hey ppl,

Just wanted to get some opinions from people with experience with FLEXRESP. I have been toiling with the idea of jumping in and configuring snort with this option in order to manage some of the attacks.

I did re-compile snort with the flexresp option this time, ( curiosity got the better of me ). I made sure to install libnet before I did so. Which went fine...no errors. But I'm not sure if after running ./configure --enable-flexresp if I was supposed to run make and make install again. Any comments or insights to the installation process?

What do you all think....is flexresp worth the effort? What are the pros and cons to this little utility? Your opinions are appreciated....TIA

Tim-Mia/Fla