[Snort-users] snort 1.8.6 dies with no reason.

Sergio Cristian Tognolotti stogno at ...6694...
Wed Sep 4 09:17:05 EDT 2002

I've installed snort 1.8.6 on my UltraSPARC-IIi 440MHz with SunOS 5.8, gcc
2.95 and libgcc 3.1 (I compiled it with gcc 3.1 too). After some hours of
running smoothly (or at least that's what it seems) snort dies with no
apparent reason and it leaves no traces in my syslog. It's compiled with
mysql support. Did you get anyone else who had the same problem or am I the
first one ?

If you know of anyone else who had it and found a workaround for this,
please
let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Sergio Cristian Tognolotti