[Snort-users] Still can't run the snortd

John Holstein john at ...6747...
Tue Sep 3 23:02:01 EDT 2002

At 12:01 PM 9/4/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,All
>
>I changed the directory parameter and made the "snortd" executable. But
>the error message still appeared :
>    [root at ...2786... init.d]# ./snortd start
>     : bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
>I have no idea what happen. Can anyone help me with this .Thank you.
>
>--
>JorDi <gaojianwen at ...6771...>

jordi,

Your problem sounds a bit more involved than a simple config file. Looks
like /bin/sh is missing. If you want some one-on-one help, visit me in the
Cotse's Helpdesk Chat and I'll spend some time with you.

irc.cotse.com
#helpdesk

or

goto:

http://packetderm.cotse.com/helpdesk and click on the Helpdesk Chat Link....

I am usually there from 2pm til 3am, 7/365. I'll be away until around 6-7pm
tomorrow night, eastern u.s. time.

John Holstein,
Cotse Helpdesk/Support
http://packetderm.cotse.com/helpdesk