[Snort-users] Snort Minimum permissions

Richard Hall r.j.hall at ...3454...
Tue Sep 3 05:41:03 EDT 2002

Does anyone know what the absolute minimum permissions are on the MySQL
database tables for the snort sensor account?   The guide states CREATE,
INSERT, SELECT, DELETE and UPDATE on snort_db.* are all these needed?
Does the sensor ever need CREATE, DELETE SELECT or UPDATE if it is just
inserting information into the existing database tables?   My SQL (that
is My as in Me not the program) is very limited and I wan't people in
other less trusted locations to be able to still log sensor data back to
a central location for analysis but without being to modify or read the
existing data in the database.   Is this possible?

Cheers

Rich

Richard Hall
Systems Administrator