[Snort-users] pass rules for one alert

Night-Stalker TheEagleSociety at ...2792...
Tue Sep 3 00:16:09 EDT 2002

Hello John,

the Payload, that snort logs looks like this:

  length = 131
  LIST..PASV..CDW //directory1/directory2..LIST..PASV..
  CWD //directory3/directory4..LIST..PASV..

As I can see, it must be hourly cron-job from host1 to host2 via FTP. Every hour, I get 5 false positives of this alert. Only between these hosts. My pass-rule, I wrote below doesn't work, or it works but also triggers the alert-rule. As I wrote, I only want to ignore this false positive between these hosts and I dont't want to comment out the complete alert-rule to ignore all these alerts. I also don't want to write a pass-rule to ignore the complete FTP-Transfers between these hosts.
Can anybody help me out?

Thanks

Addy