[Snort-users] Another error message. Thx.

jordi gaojianwen at ...6771...
Mon Sep 2 17:55:06 EDT 2002

HI, all

Gleen,Do u mean i remove the following lines?
#!/bin/sh
#
# snortd         Start/Stop the snort IDS daemon.
#
# chkconfig: 2345 40 60
#               currently detects more than 1100 host and network
#               vulnerabilities, portscans, backdoors, and more.
#
# June 10, 2000 -- Dave Wreski <dave at ...725...>
#   - initial version
#
# July 08, 2000 Dave Wreski <dave at ...53...>
#   - added snort user/group
#   - support for 1.6.2

I tried it but I have a new error message.
[root at ...2786... init.d]# ./snortd start
: No such file or directoryfunctions
: command not found
: command not found
'/snortd: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'/snortd: line 8: `case "$1" in

Could u send your snord file to me . Thank you.
--
JorDi <gaojianwen at ...6771...>