[Snort-users] log_tcpdump and db schema troubleshooting

J. Craig Woods drjung at ...5405...
Mon Sep 2 09:34:17 EDT 2002

jo cam wrote:

> My configuration is:
>
>  Linux WS: Kernel 2.4.18 (MDK distrib 8.2)
>  Snort 1.8.4
>  MySQL 11.15 distrib 3.23.47

Not sure you would want to go with snort 1.8.4. Some bugs are present in
earlier snort versions. If you are intent on maintaining your rpm
database, mandrake has a good version of snort for download, snort
1.8.7-1mdk. You can grab the src rpm, and rebuild it for your setup. It
rebuilds with all available variations, i.e. mysql, mysql+flexresp,
postgresql, postgresql+flexresp, snort plain, etc.

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration