[Snort-users] Snort 1.9 as Service Help

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu Oct 31 16:56:02 EST 2002

Scott,

Try this:

1) Setup snort as you normally would for a service.

2) Go into the Services and select Snort and stop the service if running

3) Right click on the Snort entry and select properties

4) Select the Log On Tab and check "allow this service to interact with
desktop"

5) Select the Snort service and start the service

What this will do is start snort in a command window using the services
start procedure, and whatever is happening will be displayed in the
command window. Let me know what is going on. Cut and past the text to
an Email to me.  You should also be getting something in your Event Log
under the application tab. Be sure to go and uncheck #4 after it's
fixed.

Send me any error messages.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...