[Snort-users] What 1.9.x versions work with MSSQL?

Jarret Gibson jarret at ...7313...
Sat Oct 26 13:35:01 EDT 2002

Just a follow up on my problems with MSSQL and 1.9.x:

After downloading and compiling the current stable snapshot from
http://www.snort.org/dl/snapshots/ , my problems with MSSQL have all been
solved.  To those who helped me, have a beer on me next time you're in
Chattanooga!  :D

Jarret Gibson

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Jarret
Gibson
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 3:58 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] What 1.9.x versions work with MSSQL?

Any of the precompiled MSSQL versions of 1.9.x I've tried are bugged :(

Does anyone out there know of a precompiled 1.9.x version for Windows
that definitely does work with MSSQL?

If not, could someone give me any hints as to how to compile snort with
MSSQL support using Visual C++? I downloaded and compiled one of the
latest snapshots from www.snort.org , but I have no idea on how to use
the configure script using "--with-mssql" switch it refers to.

Any help would be appreciated since this 1.8.7 version is annoying me :D

Jarret Gibson