[Snort-users] Snort 1.9.0 on Windows and MSSQL

Steve Pearson Steve at ...7260...
Thu Oct 24 18:04:01 EDT 2002

This is the identical symptoms I had, too, so I suspect it is a problem
with the compiled release of Snort 1.9. I went back to 1.8.x and it
fixed the problem.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Robbins,
Mark
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 11:44 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort 1.9.0 on Windows and MSSQL

Has anyone gotten Snort 1.9.0 to log to an MSSQL database with the
available (compiled) executables?

I am getting the error message

database: SQL Server message 156, state 1, severity 15:
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'schema'.
database: The above error was caused by the following statement:
SELECT vseq FROM schema

In MSSQL, schema is a reserved word, and the syntax would have to be
SELECT vseq FROM [schema] for this to work. I have used previous
versions of snort to log to MSSQL with no difficulty.

Could this problem arise from a configuration mistake I have made, or is
the problem in snort.exe itself?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark Robbins