[Snort-users] SnortSnarf version 021024.1 available

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Thu Oct 24 14:36:08 EDT 2002

Greetings all,

Some folks were having some problems with that last SnortSnarf
release due to a couple "features" I introduced.  So, I squashed
those bugs and threw in a new IP obfuscation option for good measure.
Here's the changes:

+ fixed bug which caused SnortSnarf to hang forever if no output directory
    was given or if it was relative (reported by Wes Dorale)
+ fixed a couple compatibility problems with Win32 (reported by different
    people)
+ added -obfuscateip option to change the IP addresses in alerts to randomly
    (but consistently) chosen alternates (not presently available for database
    input)
+ updated -usage text and Usage file

And not by coincidence with item #3, we've at long last updated our
online SnortSnarf example.  You can see this example, download
SnortSnarf, and learn more at:

   http://www.silicondefense.com/software/snortsnarf/

Best regards,

   Jim

--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|