[Snort-users] Snort 1.9.0 on Windows and MSSQL

Robbins, Mark MRobbins at ...3937...
Thu Oct 24 11:46:02 EDT 2002

Has anyone gotten Snort 1.9.0 to log to an MSSQL database with the available
(compiled) executables?

I am getting the error message

database: SQL Server message 156, state 1, severity 15:
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'schema'.
database: The above error was caused by the following statement:
SELECT vseq FROM schema

In MSSQL, schema is a reserved word, and the syntax would have to be SELECT
vseq FROM [schema] for this to work. I have used previous versions of snort
to log to MSSQL with no difficulty.

Could this problem arise from a configuration mistake I have made, or is the
problem in snort.exe itself?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark Robbins