[Snort-users] Veryifing snort

R rr at ...7256...
Tue Oct 22 18:25:03 EDT 2002

There is a test script at http://www.argusnetsec.com/downloads/ that generates alerts. I have checked it only on Linux and it works fine. Basically this script sends some ping packets that contain signature for a rule which is triggered to generate alerts. If your alerts are going to database, just ignore the last part of the script output which displays last lines from /var/log/snort/alerts and look into your database instead.

-----Original Message-----

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:snort-users-admin at ...3204...ts.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Andrea Iacopini

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 5:47 AM

To: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Subject: [Snort-users] Veryifing snort

Hi guys,

finally my snort/mysql seems to work properly.

Is there some tool or check that I can use to verify my configuration ? For example I'm interested to my db, how many rows snort writes, megabytes etc

Thanks,

A. ========================================================================

Andrea Iacopini - Networking Solutions andrea.iacopini at ...7117... - Mobile + 39 335 123.44.93

REALTECH Italia S.p.A. - Technology drives e-Business

Via Paolo di Dono, 73 - 00142 Roma, Italy

Real hackers don't die, just their TTL expires. [Unknown]

Java(TM) technology. Join the Java Community Process(SM) (JCP(SM))

program now. http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4699841;7576301;v?

Snort-users mailing list

Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net