[Snort-users] snort compile error

richard.fuser at ...7252... richard.fuser at ...7252...
Tue Oct 22 17:11:03 EDT 2002

This email is to be read subject to the disclaimer below.

Hi,

Im new to snort and was just trying to do a "make" and got the following
output, any ideas?

Running on Solaris 8 sparc.

richard at ...7253...% make
make  all-recursive
Making all in src
Making all in win32
Making all in output-plugins
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -I../../src
-I../../src/output-plugins -I../../src/detection-plugins
-I../../src/preprocessors  -DBSD_COMP  -g -O2 -Wall -c spo_alert_fast.c
In file included from spo_alert_fast.c:42:
./../src/decode.h:33: pcap.h: No such file or directory
In file included from spo_alert_fast.c:50:
../../src/snort.h:29: pcap.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `spo_alert_fast.o'
Current working directory /home/richard/src/snort-1.9.0/src/output-plugins
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /home/richard/src/snort-1.9.0/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /home/richard/src/snort-1.9.0
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'
~/src/snort-1.9.0

Regards,
Richard Fuser
Firewall & UNIX Systems Administrator

--------------------
NOTICE - This communication contains information which is confidential and
the copyright of Ernst & Young or a third party.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete
and destroy all copies and telephone Ernst & Young on 1800 655 717
immediately. If you are the intended recipient of this communication you
should not copy, disclose  or distribute this communication without the
authority of Ernst & Young.

Any views expressed in this Communication are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
Ernst & Young.

Except as required at law, Ernst & Young does not represent, warrant and/or
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor
that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.

Liability limited by the Accountants Scheme, approved under the
Professional Standards Act 1994 (NSW)