[Snort-users] Off topic a little - usage by port?

Chris Reining creining at ...3424...
Tue Oct 22 09:08:29 EDT 2002

Rich,
Check out iptraf or ntop:
http://cebu.mozcom.com/riker/iptraf/
http://www.ntop.org/

Chris

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Rich Adamson wrote:

 : I know this is a little off topic, but the folks that hang out here
 : may know...
 :
 : I'm looking for a software app that can be used to monitor all traffic
 : mirrored from a switch port (as an example), that would accumulate
 : usage statistics by IP and tcp/udp port number. It would be great if
 : the app could be configured to gather stats for "either" source port
 : or destination port. Logging the usage stats to a file on some
 : predetermined interval would be helpfull.
 :
 : Example:
 :   Source IP       Proto Dest Port Packets
 :   --------------- ----- --------- ---------
 :   123.123.123.123 udp   53        452
 :                   tcp   445       10
 :                   tcp   110       4,000
 :                   tcp   80        1,234
 :                   icmp  ---       22
 :
 : Does anyone know of such an app or have any thoughts about something
 : that might be close that I can modify to do this?
 :
 : Doesn't need to be pretty, and I don't care if it runs under Linux or
 : Win2k; either would be fine.
 :
 : Rich
 : radamson at ...2127...