[Snort-users] Hardware for a 2 MBit Network Traffik

Alexander Bruns mailinglisten at ...7242...
Tue Oct 22 07:26:04 EDT 2002

Hi,

we have a 2 MBit internet connection. The firewall and the router
are connected to a 3COM 10 MBit-hub. On this I want to connect
a snort box too.

Does a Pentium-1 200 MMX with a SCSI-Harddrive and a LevelOne
100 MBit Network-Card achieve the requirements of a snort box for
this Network-Traffic?

Does anyone know if such a box is enough for iptraf or ntop?

I have a dual Pentium 200 MMX with SCSI-Disks. Does this old system
fit the requirements for network traffic analysis or protocol?

Greetings

Alexander Bruns

Alexander Bruns
System- und Netzwerkadministration
FTK - Forschungsinstitut fuer Telekommunikation
Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 4
D - 44227 Dortmund
tel + 49 (0) 231 97 50 56 16
fax + 49 (0) 231 97 50 56 10