[Snort-users] Doubt about snort.org

Javier Verdu Mula jverdu at ...6878...
Tue Oct 22 02:47:02 EDT 2002

Hi folks

Some people told me that there are input data of snort (i.e. TCP traffic
trace) in www.snort.org, but I can not find them. Do these traces
actually
exist? Where can I find them?

A second question is about..if I have these trace, what is the snort
behaivor
when it finds a TCP started dialog? I mean, when snort start to run and
detects (i.e. a started TCP initialitation dialog), may snort confuse
and
understand a possible attack meanwhile the packets are undangerous?

Thanks in advanced

  o o o  Javier Verdú Mulá
  o o o  PhD Student                            Mailto: jverdu at ...6878...
  o o o  Department of Computer Architecture    Phone : +34 93 401 7187
         Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya   Fax   : +34 93 401 7055
  U P C  C/ Jordi Girona, 1-3, Módulo D6-116
         Campus Nord,
         08034 BARCELONA (SPAIN)