[Snort-users] Re: Snort 1.9.0 on redhat 8.0

Alex Pinheiro Machado Rodrigues alex at ...3156...
Mon Oct 21 15:11:02 EDT 2002

Nathan, I had the same problem. My solution? Back to 7.3 and everything work
fine. I also had a problem while compiling GD at 8.0.
Alex, Brazil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Whitehouse" <nwhitehouse at ...7112...>
To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 1:14 PM
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort 1.9.0 on redhat 8.0

Hey everyone.
Has anyone tried setting up snort on redhat 8.0?
I seem to be having a problem with the make install script.

Also, I'm trying to put together a snort/firewall setup.
Can anyone point me to some documentation in the matter.
I herd that there are some really cool things you can do with a
snort/firewall.

Thanks

Nathan Whitehouse
Network Operations & Systems Administrator
CompEndium Services Inc.
Main 877-709-2667
Local 678-985-5678
Direct 770-822-6697