[Snort-users] Snort and MySQL problems -> followup

Borja Marcos borjamar at ...778...
Mon Oct 21 07:41:05 EDT 2002

	Hello,

	I have upgraded Snort to version 1.9, and I am still having the same problem:
after some time working, it stops logging to the database.

	Now I have noticed that it has stopped logging exactly whenever I was
accesing the database with ACID (it has lots of alerts). Once it has stopped
logging, I have to send it a HUP signal. Any more ideas? Does Snort stop
logging when the database is slow? (I guess the database will be slower when
Acid is generating the homepage)

	The OS is FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE, with MySQL 3.23.32.

	Thanks,

	Borja.