[Snort-users] Can't set logdir in 1.9.0

Sten Kalenda home sten at ...6...
Fri Oct 18 12:15:08 EDT 2002

Hi,

I ran into same problems. My workaround is to create
/chroot/snort/var/log dir (which will be seen as /var/log after chroot)

In the source code there are exthensive checks like write permitions in
the log directory and so on. These checks are IMHO done to the
NON-chroot directory. (Dragos am I right?) This also seems to be the
reason why one must specify exactly the same path as in the non chroot
environment.

groe10,
Sten

--

-= A "trusted" computer does not mean a computer that is trustworthy =-