[Snort-users] Problem with support SNMP on RH-7.3

Christopher Lyon cslyon at ...6523...
Fri Oct 18 10:16:04 EDT 2002

I had the same problem with my install of RH 7.3 until I went to use the
net-snmp tarball instead of the RPM. I am assuming that is what you are
doing because I had the same problem. So, if you want to give it a try
uninstall the net or ucd snmp rpm's and us the tarball.

-----Original Message-----
From: _/CaT\_ [mailto:cat_roger22 at ...125...]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 6:21 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Problem with support snmp on RH-7.3

Yes, now is Good...after install openssl-devel*.rpm
Thank you
_/CaT\_

I recived the same problem...

checking for net-snmp... yes
checking for net-snmp/library/snmp_parse_args.h... (cached) yes checking
if -lcrypto is required... checking for EVP_sha1 in -lcrypto...
(cached) no
checking for openssl... No

# whereis ssl: /usr/share/ssl
# whereis openssl: /usr/bin/openssl /usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1ssl.gz

Rpm ver.: openssl-0.9.6b-28

Hi,

> Hi Snorters,
> Is true this post ,
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=100499706710970&w=2 ?
> I've  RH-7.3 installed and I've compiled it without any  big problem
> snort 1.9.0 with mysql+flexresp(./configure --with-zlib --with-mysql
> --with-openssl=/usr/bin --enable-flexresp), but when i've tryed to
> include support snmp(--with-snmp) I recived this error:

when you use redhat you should use
--with-openssl=/usr/share/ssl
in your configure path.

Snort-users list archive: