[Snort-users] digitally sign event data by sensor

counter.spy at ...348... counter.spy at ...348...
Thu Oct 17 07:36:02 EDT 2002

Hi folks,
I have briefly searched the FAQ and internet for some hint that would
probably answer the following question and I found virtually nothing, at least not
what I wanted to know:

Is there any plugin available that provides functionality to digitally sign
each event-message that is generated by snort e.g. by using a machine
certificate?

Does anyone know of an IDS in the market that provides such functionality?

I am asking because in my environment I will have to be able to prove that a
certain event really originated from the sensor that sent it and has not
been faked.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Detmar