[Snort-users] Snort 1.9.0 taking 100% cpu after a (unknown) while

Max Valdez maxvaldez at ...131...
Thu Oct 17 07:17:00 EDT 2002

Hi Snorters.

I'm as glad as everybody to see SourceFire in such a success, and still
giving their work for the comunity. You're a role model Marty!

Well, given said that, I have a little bit of a problem here, I'm
experiencing a fully responsive snort taking 100% of the cpu, I'm about
to test if the fully responsive part is true the next time i see snort
at 100%.

I dont have any background data to get an idea of why snort is doing
that, but i has happend like 3 times since the new version announcement.

My conf is a snort box with mysql enabled, that box runs snort, and
another one logging to it too.

If I restart snort, it comes to normallity. Any other have saw that
behavoir ?

Thanks for any comment
Max