[Snort-users] Snort + MySQL

NOC NOC at ...7202...
Thu Oct 17 07:16:48 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

I've just got Snort+Acid+Mysql going. It all seems to be good. A few questions/comments....

1. I've tried the new version of ACID (i.e with JPgraph). Why the change from PHplot to JPgraph?. Licensing seems better with PHPLot, plus PHplot seems to graph the Y axis better (i.e dates are actually there). What are the advantages of using JPgraph over PHplot?

2. I've got my a sensor and apache on one host, another sensor and the db on another host. Everytime I open do a "Unique IP link" report, a process in the db host gets kicked off and stays running. Eventually, left alone, these processes eat memory up....
e.g lots of:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file.......

Any ideas? I've tried turning off pconnect on acid_conf.cgi...

3. Are these questions better directed at the ACID mail list?...

Cheers

Jamie