[Snort-users] snort-1.9.0 not detecting attacks

archana rao archuatdavis at ...131...
Thu Oct 17 07:16:14 EDT 2002

Hi,
   I have been using Snort-1.8.7 to detect the attacks
towards an IIS server which uses the URI:
GET /scripts/..%c0%af../winnt/system32/cmd.exe/c+"

A few alerts were being generated by Snort-1.8.7.
However, when I used Snort-1.9.0 to detect the same
attacks, no attacks were being generated although I
see from the source code that several improvements
have been made which should generate more alerts.I am
not able to figure out what the problem is.Any
suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Archana