[Snort-users] Does any have this script?

Bryan H nve_this at ...131...
Wed Oct 16 10:52:02 EDT 2002

#!/bin/sh
#
# snortd         Start/Stop the snort IDS daemon.
#
# chkconfig: 2345 40 60
intrusion detection tool that
#               currently detects more than 1100 host
and network
#               vulnerabilities, portscans, backdoors,
and more.
#
# June 10, 2000 -- Dave Wreski
<dave at ...725...>
#   - initial version
#
# July 08, 2000 Dave Wreski <dave at ...53...>
#   - added snort user/group
#   - support for 1.6.2
# July 31, 2000 Wim Vandersmissen <wim at ...216...>
#   - added chroot support

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# Specify your network interface here
INTERFACE=eth0

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting snort: "
        cd /var/log/snort
        daemon /usr/local/bin/snort  -vdeo -b -l
/var/log/snort -d -D \
                 -i $INTERFACE -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf
        touch /var/lock/subsys/snort
        echo
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Stopping snort: "
        killproc snort
        rm -f /var/lock/subsys/snort
        echo
        ;;
  restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;
  status)
        status snort
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0

Hope that is it.