[Snort-users] Snort 1.9.0 with MySQL

Bryan H nve_this at ...131...
Wed Oct 16 10:49:04 EDT 2002

I have Snort 1.9.0 installed and snortreports for the
web interface.  I have a MySQL database that I am
using for the logging.

I set up snort with the command
./configure --with-mysql

then i ran the make and make install

while that was running, I edited the snort.conf in the
/etc/snort directory i created

After the make install was done, I entered mysql at
the comand line to bring up mysql

I used the command create database snort;  then i
exited.

after that I untared snortreports into my
/var/www/html/snort directory.  then in went into
contrib for the mysql database and used the command:
mysql snort < create_mysql to bring in the data for
snortreports to the database.

I used the snortd startup script to have snort started
as a service and put it in /etc/init.d/

I started snort using service snortd start

snort started ok

i went to my web browser and checked with snortreport
and there is no data.

I made sure to change my /etc/snort/snort.conf file
for the output to be the mysql database parameters.  I
also changed the srconf.php file in the snortreport
directory for the mysql database.

Does anyone know why snort is not loging in the
information in mysql?  I know it's not there casue I
go into mysql, use the snort database, and select *
from data; and there is nothing in there.

I don't know what else to check.  Thanks.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

-Bryan