[Snort-users] Snort-1.9.0 not generating required alerts

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Tue Oct 15 21:33:05 EDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, archana rao wrote:

>    I followed the steps you had mentioned, and now I
> have discovered another problem.Snort-1.9.0 is not
> accepting the -s(log alerts to syslog) command line
> option.It gives me either a "fatal error, quitting"
> error message, or prints out the "USAGE:...."
> message.I noticed that I was getting the alerts in
> Snort-1.8.7 when I was using the -s option and so,
> when I tried doing the same thing, Snort-1.9.0 doesn't
> seem to be able to recognize the option.Any ideas?

There's a bug/feature in 1.9.0 with the -s parameter.  It's expecting a
parameter and it really doesn't need one.  If you just replace the "-s" with a
"-s foo" then all should be well.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams