[Snort-users] Snort + MySQL

Network Operations NOC at ...7181...
Tue Oct 15 20:41:02 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

I've just got Snort+Acid+Mysql going. It all seems to be good. A few
questions/comments....

1. I've tried the new version of ACID (i.e with JPgraph). Why the change
from PHplot to JPgraph?. Licensing seems better with PHPLot, plus PHplot
seems to graph the Y axis better (i.e dates are actually there). What are
the advantages of using JPgraph over PHplot?

2. I've got my a sensor and apache on one host, another sensor and the db on
another host. Everytime I open do a "Unique IP link" report, a process in
the db host gets kicked off and stays running. Eventually, left alone, these
processes eat memory up....
e.g lots of:
/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-fil
e.......

Any ideas? I've tried turning off pconnect on acid_conf.cgi...

3. Are these questions better directed at the ACID mail list?...

Cheers
Jamie