[Snort-users] 1.9.0 and PostgreSQL weirdness

Roman Danyliw roman at ...438...
Tue Oct 15 18:45:03 EDT 2002

Derek,

> starting up correctly because it can't determine it's sensor ID, I had
> to modify the PostgreSQL DB schema such that "last_cid" would allow NULL
> values.

There is a bug in PostgreSQL logging with the release version v1.9.0.  An update
of spo_database.c from CVS will fix this issue.

OR Executing the following SQL could also provide a temporary fixs:

psql> INSERT INTO sensor (sid, hostname, last_cid) VALUES (1, 'your sensor
name', 1);

Roman