[Snort-users] Changing the filename format for alerts

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Tue Oct 15 12:54:05 EDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Matt Yackley wrote:

> Tim, I'm in the same boat as you and won't be able to go to 1.9.0 until this
> is figured out, since I don't know much about programming, I sent the log.c
> file of to a programmer I know to see if he can tell me what to change.
>
> Time to see who is quicker, the list or my friend! :-)

Errr...  Make it simpler.  Use 'mv'.  :)  mv then use ftp.  I'm going to
assume that your ftping from the win32 box--If so, check your ftp client for a
'auto-rename' option.  IIRC, quite a few of them have that.

If you are running Snort on win32, then the code correctly names the file to
something useable by win32 boxes.

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy