[Snort-users] Snort-1.9.0 not generating required alerts

archana rao archuatdavis at ...131...
Mon Oct 14 17:39:04 EDT 2002

Hi,
   I had been using Snort-1.8.7 to detect the attacks
towards an IIS 4.0 server which uses the URI:
GET /scripts/..%c0%af../winnt/system32/cmd.exe/c+"

and alerts were being generated by Snort-1.8.7.
However, when I used Snort-1.9.0 to detect the same
attacks, no alerts were being generated although I
 see from the source code that several improvements to
deal with attacks against IIS servers more efficiently
 have been made which should enable Snort-1.9.0 to
generate more alerts.I am not able to figure out what
the problem is.Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Archana