[Snort-users] " Problem obtaining SENSOR ID", unable to start snort/access postgres

Eli Stair eli.stair at ...5343...
Mon Oct 14 11:03:06 EDT 2002

Jed, thanks for your response.

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:53:59 -0400
Jed Pickel <jed at ...153...> wrote:

> > database: postgresql_error: ERROR:  sensor_sid_seq.nextval: you don't have
> > +permissions to set sequence sensor_sid_seq
>
> Looks like a permission issue. I'm not sure by memory the right GRANT
> syntax for postgresql. Maybe there is some special permission for
> sequences. You could for testing at least grant your user "snort" all
> permissions on the snortdb tables.

I'd given that a shot, I set ALL perms active for "snort", for all tables
'data' through 'signature_sig_id_seq', has no effect on the result.

As I've got no real database experience, I have effectively exhausted my own
resources on this after googling and checking the archives.

Thanks, if any other ideas come up I'll be happy to try anything.

Cheers,

/eli