[Snort-users] Running 2 Bridge sensors on 1 host

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Mon Oct 14 10:24:02 EDT 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Thijs Hodiamont wrote:

[...snip...]

> Only the following problem has arisen, i want to run 2 sensors on the
> same box. Ive already made 2 different inetd scripts and 2 different
> configs. If i run either of those sensors a different pid file appears
> so that should not be the problem. But if i want to run 2 sensors the
> first one goes up like a space shuttle but the 2nd one doesnt want to
> start. Does anyone have an idea how to run 2 sensors? I can send the
> inetd scripts and the configs if you like but the only things ive
> changes are the config files from snort and the inetd files to match
> the different config files.

To run more than one snort process, it's as simple as "snort <options> -i
eth1" and "snort <options> -i eth2".  Since you're using bridges, just change
it to your br_10 or br_192 interface name.

Cheers!
-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy